This all seems a bit bonkaz but it’s actually quite practical. It’s a smart piece of in car bluetooth hands free kit that doubles as a rear view mirror. The best thing is there is no wiring or tricky installation required.
You simply clip it over your existing mirror, charge it in the lighter socket (doesn’t require continuous plugging) and you have your very own hands free kit for up to 15 hours talk time. The microphone and speaker are cleverly integrated into the mirror surround and the caller id is displayed on the mirror itself so you don’t even have to take your eyes off the road to see who is calling.
It also comes with a bluetooth headset which sits neatly in the unit so if you want to continue talking when you get out the car you just detach it and away you go.
I think the best thing about this for me is its ease of installation so no wires no complicated set up and the time that saves by not having to get it installed in the car by someone else. And it’s pretty cheap. You can get it online for around £60 at www.udiggit.com
- Bluetooth version 2.0 compliant – will connect to any type or model of bluetooth enabled mobile phone
- DSP technology, full duplex – providing high quality noise and echo cancellation for clear communication
- Independent Bluetooth headset, easily detached – continue your call outside of the vehicle
- Caller ID display – straightforward visibility of identity (phone number) of inbound caller
- Supports Handsfree & Headset Bluetooth profiles – simple pairing of this device to your mobile phone
- Built in Lithium Polymer rechargeable battery -providing you with 15 hours talk time, 20 days standby time for the mirror unit, and 2.5 hours talk time, 2 days standby time for the earpiece if used independently
- Convex mirror – for an enhanced rear-view field of vision and safer driving
- Please note this product may not clip over the rear-view mirror of every make and model of vehicle. A maximum existing mirror height of 80mm can be accommodated. A typical clearance of 15mm between the top of your existing rear-view mirror and the the vehicle roof or windscreen, depending on which is closer, is required.