GetTaxi is now available on Android, iPhone and BlackBerry and is London’s first free new generation taxi app.
How does it work?
GetTaxi enables people to hail a taxi from their mobiles and allows you to track your taxi on a real time map and pay by credit card, cash or account straight from your phone. It is the only app of its kind available on all three major mobile platforms. It is easier and quicker to order a licensed London Black Taxi, with no charges above the taxi meter, no credit card fees and a user-friendly set of features making it the coolest way to get a black cab:
· Order a taxi in just a tap: no more stroppy call centres, irritating hold music or mysterious whereabouts of the taxi
· See the taxi making it’s way to pick you up on a real-time map, from the office, pub or club
· Get the knowledge on your driver: see your driver’s photo, phone number and registration number sent straight to your phone, for complete safety and peace of mind
· Cashless cabs: Pay for your GetTaxi ride directly through your pre-registered credit card for free
· No card handling charges – and no late night fumbling for coins, looking for cash machines or your card
· Receive email receipts to easily expense your GetTaxi journeys through your company
· Share your journey with your friends through Twitter and Facebook
· Rate your Taxi driver and see their overall star rating
The GetTaxi mobile app automatically geographically locates the passenger via GPS and issues their request to the closest available taxis via GetTaxi’s special TFL approved driver units. It brings easy, super-safe and innovative digital taxi ordering to the masses, putting the user in control.
Get Taxi will also soon launch TaxiMiles, rewarding people for the trips they take and sharing the app with friends. Points are redeemable against a variety of gifts, and can also cover free taxi rides, rewarding users in three levels of usage: Newbie, Pioneer and Evangelist.